COMING SOON! MARCH 2018
Capacity Rating: 229 watts at a 0 °C temperature difference (32 °C ambient).
Example Applications: Ideal for electronics enclosures, telecommunications equipment and battery boxes.
Features: High cooling capacity in an overall compact size. Narrow 150 mm (5.9″) width. This cooler is powered by 24 VDC and is rated to maintain the enclosure’s NEMA 4 rating. The external-side fan is rated IP-68, it has an anodized heat sink and stainless steel hardware. The AC-220 can be used for heating as well as cooling, and thermostats are included for over-temperature protection. The external fan can be speed controlled for improved efficiency and lower noise.
• High Capacity: Removes 229 W of heat in a 32 °C ambient at a 0 °C temperature difference.
• Narrow 150 mm (5.9″) overall width.
• Protected against harsh environments — meets NEMA 4 and IP68 (external fan) specifications.
• Powered by 24 VDC.
• All wiring is accessible from inside the enclosure.
• Internal fan blows air into the center of the enclosure so cooled air can be aimed at components that need the most cooling.
• Cools up to 45 °C below ambient in a 25 °C environment.
• Can be used for heating and cooling (requires heat/cool controller).
• Over-temperature thermostats included on both fin sets (signal level only).
• Operating temperature range is -20°C to +70 °C.
• External fan can be speed controlled with the TC-720 temperature controller for improved efficiency and/or reduced noise.
• External fan has a tachometer output signal.
• CE marked and RoHS compliant.
The AC-220 provides high cooling capacity in a narrow 150 mm wide (5.9″) package. The overall dimensions are compact making it easy to get significant cooling capacity in a small space. The cooler is powered by 24 VDC and is rated to maintain the enclosure’s NEMA 4 rating. The AC-220 is protected against harsh environments via an anodized external heat sink, stainless steel hardware, and an IP-68 rated external fan. The external fan is also speed controllable and has a tachometer output signal. Like all cooling assemblies from TE Technology (and unlike many coolers from competitive companies) the thermoelectric/Peltier elements have our epoxy potting and the assembly is sealed to reduce moisture ingress inside the cooler.
The AC-220 can also be used for heating, and two over-temperature thermostats are incorporated in the cooler (one on each set of fins). The thermostats are intended to provide a separate means of over-temperature protection for the cooler and equipment and can be monitored via the interlock feature on a TC-720 temperature controller or used to control the output inhibit line on a PS-24-25 power supply. Please note these thermostats are NOT intended as a means of temperature control for the cooler or for direct switching of high-current loads.
Finally, as with all TE Technology coolers it can also be customized with other features if production quantities are needed.
AC-220 3D Model in .pdf Format (Requires Adobe Reader 8.0 or higher)
3D PDF MODEL: Click on the link above to download a 3D solid model in portable document format (PDF). This must be opened in the Adobe Reader (or Acrobat) version 8 or higher. It WILL NOT WORK IF OPENED IN A BROWSER WINDOW. You can rotate and view the cooler from any angle (however, wire leads are not shown in the model). 3D content may initially appear as a two-dimensional preview image. Clicking the 3D model with the Hand or Select tool enables (or activates) the model and opens the 3D toolbar.
NOTE WHEN SAVING FILES: When downloading a solid model some browsers may change the name of the extension. You must save the file to your computer using the “Save as” option and rename the extension back to the appropriate type before using. (For example, a SolidWorks file will be saved with the .htm or .html extension, the file extension must be changed back to .sldprt before using.)